Wednesday 7 September 2016

5/9 Monday Class

Last lecture was full of surprises for me. We had a pop quiz on the content of the google-site from the very beginning which was both scary and disappointing to me; I always love to make that good first impression, but wasn't able to. That feeling of uneasiness continued till the end of the lecture. It was easily observable from the group exercise we did regarding the old objects we got from home;  I over-searched my item that I nearly skipped most of what I got when I was making my video presentation. I loved the idea of presentations, though. It is way out of my comfort zone, but that is what shakes my borders anyways, right? I was also fascinated by the timelines of invention and how things are related together. I was also very teased of the question about the 19th century being "The age of invention"; I kept thinking about the topic the whole day and I think I found the solution. I guess the 19th century is where all our inventions nowadays originated, because it was the era when people craved inventions; they created science fiction and this fiction came into reality in a lot of ways, like the electric lamp for example. The successful inventions in that era encouraged more people o think more and innovate creatively to help and make our lives easier. With their work, we rarely need to create a wholly new invention, but we rather integrate, combine and update what they got to us. This may not be the truth, but it is my vision about it for now. I would love to hear your opinions and insights about it in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment